14th February, Is That The Only Day We Should Send Our Love?
February 8, 2016 – Editors Desk, Benson Valentine
365 MILLION CARDS FILLED WITH LOVE WILL REACH THAT SPECIAL PERSON THE 14 OF FEBRUARY.IS THAT THE ONLY DAY WE SHOULD SEND OUR LOVE?
Bill Benson LMFT, LPCC has a suggestion to keep your Valentine happy…(all year around)
Happy Valentine's Year
When I visited the supermarket two weeks ago - the aisles were already adorned with pink-frosted cupcakes and floating heart-shaped balloons. I thought to myself: Don't they know these displays will be spoiled and deflated by the 14th?
Clearly, this pre-holiday product-placement was a teaser designed to get us in the mood, so by Valentine's Day we are whipped into a candy and card shopping frenzy.
Although the Groundhog had yet to see his shadow, our most infamous Hallmark holiday was already popping-up and peeking at us with dollar signs in its eyes.
I imagined Marketing Department heads huddled together last autumn - scanning projections: "Why wait?" they plotted, "we can afford a little product-loss on February's front-end to promote a sure-thing come Valentine's Day."
Perhaps I am needlessly painting villainous mustaches on Marketers: By-and-large I'm sure they're lovely people just doing their part to keep Consumerism pumping through America's veins. To their credit, their campaigns' long roll outs have unintentionally created a concept that is deliciously healthy:
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend