Mahabalipuram - World Heritage Tourist Centre Featured
Today, Mahabalipuram is a pilgrim site that witnesses devotees not only from India but from all over the world. Today it is one of the major tourist attractions for scholars, devotees, artisans, architects and historians. These monuments gained UNESCO’s “World Heritage site distinction” twenty-six years ago i.e. in the year 1984.
This heritage site was once the seaport of the ancient Pallava Dynasty and today it has about forty monuments that include one of the largest open-air bas-reliefs in the world. The Mahaballipuram seaport traded with distant kingdoms of Southeast Asia. These kingdoms were Kambuja (Cambodia), Shrivijaya (Malaysia, Sumatra and Java) and with the empire of Champa (Annam). The Distinction of “World Heritage Site” is divided into four categories of monuments. These are:
* Ratha Temples: the temples in the form of processional chariots carved from rocks.
* Mandapas : the sanctuaries covered with bas-reliefs.
* Rock reliefs: Including descents of River Ganga
* Temple : The magnificent pyramidal towers made by cutting huge pieces of rocks. Most of these temples are dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Trimurti cave Temple
Krishna Mandapam Middle Panel Wall
Varaha cave temple
Arjuna's Penance - Rock-cut Elephant
Top View Landscape
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Advantage In Using Email - Funny Video
- Cute Climbing Candy Kids
- Guess This Ad - Creative Advertising
- Close Your Mouth and Watch - Amazing Clip
- Ashleigh And Pudsey - Super Dance Audition
- Young Girl's Amazing Football Skills on Paris Streets
- 1157 Tons Largest Equipment, Ever Carried - Video
- Gangnam Style PSY Pop Song - Viewed 1.3 Billion times