Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
Norway’s Public Roads Administration (NPRA) has new plans to create world’s first floating submerged tunnel to avoid thousand fjords and lengthy journey.
This structure will be made up of two 1200 meter (4000 ft) concrete tubes each for one direction, floating up to 30 meters (100 ft) below the water surface. The tubes are supported by pontoons on the surface and also it will be bolted to the bedrock for extra stability. On the surface, there will be sufficient gaps to allow the ferries to pass through them.
Currently the time taken by the ferries to travel from Kristiansand to Trondheim (1100 km) is 21 hours due to water obstacles. However this tunnel will reduce the timing to 10 hours and the amount of expenses required will also be low. The 25 - billion project is planned to be completed by 2035, and will preserve the landscape for those who still want to take the scenic route.
The submerged construction will be able to cope with rough weather that is typical for the country, according to NPRA. It will also allow easier access to rural communities. “Having this connection means that people there do not have to wait for a helicopter to go to the hospital,” Minoretti says.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Bridgestone Tyres Funny Commercial Video
- Real life Tom And Jerry - Amazing Video
- Young Girl's Amazing Football Skills on Paris Streets
- Most Amazing Happening - You Will Ever See - Video
- Worlds Greatest Car Drag Race - Video
- We Are All Connected - Comparison Of Civilization And Nature
- Expect the Unexpected - Funny Video
- Guinness World Records Experienced in Year 2015