Union Canal - Rotating Boat Lift - Falkirk Wheel Featured
Falkirk wheel is the world's first of its kind located in Scotland and connects the Forth and Clyde Canal with the Union Canal. The Falkirk wheel concept was an ambitious £84.5m project with the objective linking Scotland on the Forth & Clyde Canal and Union Canal, providing a corridor of regenerative activity through central Scotland. There was a big challenge to link the Forth and Clyde Canal, which lay 35meter (115 feet) below the level of Union Canal.
Historically, the two canals was joined at Falkirk by a flight of 11 locks that stepped down across a distance of 1.5km, but these has been dismantled in 1933, breaking the link. Method of connecting these two canals by a boat lift. British Waterways were keen to present a visionary solution taking full advantage of the opportunity to create a spectacular structure that would act as an iconic symbol. In result, perfectly balanced structure The Falkirk Wheel, the world’s first and only rotating boat lift was constructed.
- Save money by using namecheap coupons
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- Get Jeulia Rings Coupon Code, Save Money off your Jewelry
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK